WHAT WE DO
The Clinical Research Unit (CRU) is an outpatient research center that facilitates clinical research at Uniformed Services University and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. We advance scientific knowledge, improve the academic partnership between the school and the medical center, and support the educational mission.
The CRU will provide infrastructure and services to clinical researchers at both the medical school and the medical center. Clinical researchers have access to the CRU’s facilities on the medical school campus, which include clinical, laboratory, and storage space. In addition, the CRU medical director and research staff provide a variety of services to researchers including protocol and regulatory file management, medical monitoring, and IRB facilitation. The unit’s staff supports clinical trials occurring in the medical center, as well as those utilizing the CRU facilities. We also support the training of fellows, residents, and medical students.
Lead Research Faculty members list here
"The mission of the CRU is to support clinical and basic science research across the USU community, and with our outside collaborators and sponsors, prioritizing the needs of the medical students and trainees to enhance and enrich medical education and ultimately military health care for our service members and their families."
WHAT WE OFFER
- Subject recruitment, screening, and enrollment
- Data collection and subject management
- Broad range of clinical services including: routine physical examination, vital sign screening, phlebotomy, IV infusions, electrocardiography, etc.
- Specimen collection, processing, storage, and shipment
- Design, maintenance, and storage of records, regulatory files, and case report forms
- Quality assurance and medical monitoring
- Full service examination room
- Private interview room
- Large procedure room
- Work space for clinical research coordinators and staff
- Laboratory for specimen processing
- Secure space for document storage
- Freezer space (limited)
- Handicap accessible
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
THOMAS OLIVER, COL, MC, USA
DUTCHABONG SHAW, RN, BSN, MA