ANESTHESIOLOGY: AN EVOLVING SPECIALTY
The NCC Anesthesiology Residence creates skilled, competent physicians specializing in Anesthesiology who are assets to the Military Health Care System, the U.S. healthcare system, and the profession. The curriculum incorporates hands-on training, didactics, tutorials, simulations, and problem-based learning to train anesthesiologists in all aspects of contemporary practice and foster creativity benefitting both the anesthesiologist and the patient in a dynamic health care environment.
- Develop a core competency of proficiency in the perioperative, critical care, and pain management of a wide range of patients (neonate to geriatric) in numerous anesthesia subspecialties and in diverse settings.
- Acquire medical knowledge that facilitates successful completions of parts I and II of the American Board of Anesthesiology certification examinations.
- Develop adequate the technical skill and judgment to practice anesthesia competently, including performing at least the minimum number of procedures required for board certification and demonstrating adequate skill level when performing these procedures.
- Develop a pattern of practice-based, lifelong learning facilitating the maintenance of competency in the specialty of Anesthesiology.
- Acquire communication skills facilitating interaction with patients, families and other health professionals, including developing verbal presentation skills required to pass the oral board examination of the American Board of Anesthesiology.
- Foster professionalism in all aspects of resident behavior.
- Develop the skills required to function as an anesthesiologist in both the military and civilian medical systems.
Only current military members are eligible to apply.
APPLYING TO OUR RESIDENCY
Include an up-to-date CV on your application submitted through the military graduate medical education match system.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
JOHN A. HODGSON, MD, CAPT, MC, USN
NCC Anesthesiology Program Director