All applicants to USU Graduate Programs are required to submit an online application form, a statement of purpose and a set of specified additional credentials
to support the application.
USU gives careful consideration to all available information about each applicant and selects students on a competitive basis without regard to race, color, sex, creed or national origin.
There is no Application Fee.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
- Applicants must be US citizens
- Each applicant must complete a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited academic institution before matriculation at USU.
- Complete the online application form for admission
- Submit all official documents via mail or email
Graduate Education Office (Room A1045)
Uniformed Services University School of Medicine
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
SUBMITTING OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS
- Official Transcripts of all previous undergraduate studies in official sealed envelopes by one of the options:
Mailed directly to the Graduate Education Office from the respective university registrar’s office or;
Mailed by the applicant, unopened, in self-assembled application packet or;
Electronically from a secure site formally linked from the sending institution, emailed to USUTranscript@usuhs.edu (schools located in the United States only. We do not accept electronic transcripts from any institution overseas.)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members under whom the applicant has studied submitted via email or regular mail. We strongly recommend letters of recommendation be emailed.
- A complete Curriculum Vitae or Resume (please remove street address) emailed to email@example.com
- Each program may have degree-specific requirements.
REQUiREMENT FOR GRADUATE RECORD EXAM
The GRE is optional for the 2024 admissions cycle.
If you choose to submit scores, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test must have been taken within two years of the date of this application. Score must be sent to the Associate Dean for Graduate Education, USU. USU's school code for the GRE is 5824. If you have not taken the GRE yet, please leave this section blank.
PROGRAM-SPECIFIC ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
Individuals seeking information about specific admissions requirements for each program should visit the USU Catalog Admissions page.
For additional information, contact Graduate Education Office at:
PHD AND MASTER’S PROGRAMS
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED - JUNE 1 - DECEMBER 1
*note exception for HPE Program*
Please select the option: GRADUATE PROGRAMS APPLICATION 2024 (Open June 1)
GLOBAL HEALTH DISTANCE LEARNING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME
HEALTH PROFFESSIONS EDUCATION DOCTORATE, MASTERS, AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
ROUND 1: February 15 2023 – May 1, 2023
ROUND 2: July 1, 2023 – August 10, 2023
ROUND 3: September 1, 2023 - November 1, 2023
Tropical Medicine and Travelers Health Certificate
November 1 - November 30, 2023
USU gives careful consideration to all available information about each applicant and selects students on a competitive basis without regard to race, color, sex, creed or national origin. There is no application fee.
VERIFYING THE RECEIPT OF APPLICATION MATERIALS
Once you have hit “submit” on your application you will be contacted periodically about the status of your application package.
You may always check on the status of your documents, and ask any questions about the application process, by calling us at 301-400-4101 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
MD/PHD ADMISSIONS PROCESS
Applicants interested in the MD/PhD program must apply to both programs. If the applicant is accepted into the MD program but not accepted into a PhD program, they may still continue the medical school application process.
- Apply directly to the F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine using the American Medical Colleges Application Service (AMCAS). Applicants must indicate their interest in the MD/PhD program on the AMCAS application. All information for applying to the MD Program can be found here.
- Submit a separate PhD program application through our Graduate School.